A birthday spoken word piece for my ex-boss Kyenkyenhene Kwabena Boateng


Today is my ex-boss’ birthday and I can’t afford a gift that suits his personality. I decided to play with words and share my first impression about him, how we became close and also let him know how much I appreciate him for the hard training he took me through.

 

The first time I met him I was so pissed

A boss, so difficult and super strict

Disliked by many at first sight

Why does he bullshit many scripts?

A question I asked out of plight

 

So, I got closer and became a sister

Then I discovered he is a treasure

Not just, an ordinary Mister

And ever since, it's been my pleasure

To appreciate God's gift of a son so bold

One with a heart as pure as gold

And radiates like the rays of the sun

He is delightful and full of fun

 

The days he stood by me when I was down

And made me smile on days I frown

This is why he deserves the crown

He is a king, an exception to the rule

All the same, he does not misrule

 

Many think he is too gritty

So, they come just for a quickie, Oh, what a pity

I don’t know why, but I became so sticky

Is it because I am so picky?

Or it’s because we’re both clicky?

 

He has a personality so vivid

So, he was envied and made enemies livid

Thus, they planned to get him stripped

So, they plotted evil to get him gripped.

Forgetting he is a rare being

Very uncommon unlike beans

A gentleman so daring

With a sweet personality and such a darling

 

Oh, what joy that it is his day

In this possibility month of May

Shall we forget those pussyfooters

They are bitter like failed shooters

 

Kyenkyenhene Kwabena Boateng,

I am thankful our path crossed

Though at times I behave like virgin-pussy

You never ceased being so pushy

Like an elder brother, you held my hand

On higher grounds, you made me stand

 

And Today, I am super proud

Just because, I am well endowed

So, my thank you, will always be loud

Hey Senanu come let’s buy him a fork

So, he feeds on his enemies’ pork

 

Now, my dear let me say some prayers for you!

From myself and your many trainees

God bless you and make you succeed

May God replace in thousand folds

Everything you lost along the way

May your foes become bitterly cold

When they hear of your stories being told

Goodness and mercy Shall chase you all your life.

So happy birthday, my SWEET Ex-Boss

 

Nana Addo says CORONAVIRUS so stay at home

Eat dawadawa and some kontomire

Wu di nsua woy3m bey3 mer3

But don’t forget to get some beers

For a better tomorrow, let's say cheers

 

Written by Selorm Helen

YouTube: Selorm_Helen

Twitter: @selorm_helen

Facebook: Selorm Helen

Instagram: @se_lorme


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black comedian who has become Japan’s ‘most unlikely’ star

Don’t make a difference in people’s lives by stealing their money - Bawumia

Social segregation cause of Ghana's backwardness - Yaw Nsarkoh